Monday, November 28, 2011

Another gallery day

Felt I had to catch up on a bit of culture after the mad shopping session on Black Friday ( am wearing the over the knee boots as we speak) so we finally got to The Guggenheim. Now that's my kind of gallery - small and focused on modern art. Great Kandinsky exhibition (I am bit partial to his stuff) and a very creative way of exhibiting Italian artist, Maurizio Cattelan's work - everything was hanging from the centre.
Raffaela was not impressed with the monochrome room - she thought they were renovating. I must admit it is hard to understand a white canvas is a great work of art.


The Guggenheim cafe does, however, serve a decent coffee.


Next, across Central Park to the Natural History Museum to see the live butterfly exhibition - beautiful.  We also saw LOTS of skeletons.


I absolutely HAD to visit the new bar in town, Spin - which is a ping pong bar -my kind of bar (from the 1978 Mt Isa female table tennis champion)








No comments:

Post a Comment